Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hogwarts Express



When I was a child I loved Halloween. Remember the stake center trunk-or-treats? I remember the parking lot and the cars being so huge. There seemed to be so many cars! I remember people decorating their trunks with spider webs, lights and bubbling cauldrons filled with dry ice and spooky music. Inside were all sorts of games. Musical chairs, the fishing pole booth, bobbing for apples and the cupcake walk were some of my favorites. I remember being frightened by some of the costumes which were quite mild compared to what showed up on my doorstep tonight. Funny how I don't remember the candy. Well like any other mother, my children came home with their pillow cases filled with candy. How their faces were beaming with their conquest of getting "as much as they possibly could." Oh the joy and innocence of being a child. If only we all lived close to share our days and moments with each other. We miss you all- Happy Halloween.

Time 'o' time turn back your flight, make me a child again just for the night.
-A River Runs Through It.

5 comments:

Christina said...

oh too cute! im gonna be jealous if you MADE those costumes!!

Christina said...

ps: our 2 sister wards do trunk or treat every year here..we didnt go this year because it was ON halloween! who does that?!?!

Anonymous said...

The children's faces are "beaming!" The look so excited. Love the costumes and knowing you, you made them all! Look at the beautiful leaves that have fallen too. I love Halloween too. It makes me feel child-like as I experience it with my own children now. Love to everyone!

The Mercer Family said...

What cute costume ideas! You're girls are beautiful! I swear- all those Hales grandkids are BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how big they are all getting!

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes...you all look great!