Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Are YOU Prepared?

So this AM at 430 there was ANOTHER small earthquake near Rancho Santa Margarita in OC then AGAIN at 730 ANOTHER small earthquake in the SAME PLACE! what the heck! this makes 4 earthquakes in that SAME EXACT PLACE!! im telling you-all you OC peeps are going to be in the ocean one day and we'll end up with ocean front property! just kidding!
This AM after scriptures i asked the girls what they do at school if there is an earthquake-they did the cover face/head under desk drill-then they said they walk outside when its safe WITH their teacher to the blacktop-i told them should anything happen-STAY THERE and I WILL COME RUN AND GET YOU! i told them that the prophet has asked us MANY times to "be prepared" -so i told them we now have lots of food

Vons had their going out of business sale-so my parents & heidi STOCKED US UP!


we have plenty of water (THANKS TO CELESTA!)

(the blue tubs are EMPTY THOUGH!??!

but atleast we have the pool!, i put together our "rolling trash can" with food, water, blankets, ALL kinds of safety/emergency stuff

-so we are prepared and everything will be okay should anything major happen. I told them that i would need their help in carrying their own packpack

and helping me to push dad in his wheelchair-that we'll need to work as a team to stay safe-but again i reassured them our family would be taken care of because we listened to the prophet and are prepared so we will not have to be afraid or scared--
so WHEW!!!!
THanks dad for getting those folders FULL of information for us!! When you fall into the ocean-swim our way and we'll take care of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are moving....thinking about Kansas or somewhere out there. Heard land is cheap and that it is earthquake proof! Good for you and Jon being prepared, Christina. I often wonder, even with all of our emergency preparedness, and having what we need, if it will ever be enough? I believe that is where the "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear" doctrine comes in to play. Luv to all. P.S We do have an inflatable raft....we just might make it to Riverside.

Christina said...

oh sweet! the raft! you can pick up the hales on your way over!!

and KANSAS?! dont they have tornadoes though!?!?

Anonymous said...

So impressed...got a long way to go, methinks! But I was wondering what kinds of things you've got in the rolling garbage can. . .seeing that really intrigues me.

Kristi said...

Celene- how far away are you from the activity? Did not hear of the quake but sounds like it is a good idea to make sure everyone is on alert. Chris- I am in the same boat with my water, thurs. morning I am going to fill up those huge barrels-My 72 hr kits are finished but I am still working on my food supply. I do whatever I can each time I go shopping but it seems to be a very slow process unless you have lots of $ at one time to invest. Okay Kansas....uhhh I think the only one I know that lives in Kansas is Geoff Carlson but don't even know if that is current. I can only picture poor Dorothy.
Interesting fact I read in Dads book was that it is proposed that if we do meet with a catastrophy were we do need to use our 72 hr kits 75+ percent of the time, we wont even be in our homes. I have kits for our home, a complete family kit for my car and an individual for Chris' car.( I am sure he will definately not be home!) I am sure even with all the preparation it still won't be enough because there will be so many with nothing. Love the idea about the trash can- we have ours in backpacks but I like the idea of no dust on the packs.

Kristi said...

Hey I thought of something... maybe if there is a huge earthquake, you could all come up to visit me. ( I'll take any visitors I can get in my lone and dreary world!)